By Nsim Team
If you’re interested in motivating and leading others, you don’t mind working long hours, and you can read technical and scientific reports without issue, then you may want to consider becoming a manufacturing executive.
As the manufacturing boss, you would create and lead a team that delivers optimum customer satisfaction by establishing and meeting safety, quality, cost and efficiency goals within the manufacturing process.
Since you would be working in a senior-level role, you would need a combination of post-secondary education ins business or engineering, and years of relevant experience.
As a manufacturing executive (your title might be, Vice President of Manufacturing, or something to that effect) you’d be responsible for the strategy, direction, planning and implementation of your company’s manufacturing or production operations.
This would primarily involve creating and leading a manufacturing team that delivers optimum customer satisfaction by establishing and meeting safety, quality, cost and efficiency goals.
Although the functions you would perform could vary, you would likely be responsible for the following:
• Administering production schedules and performance measures
• Acting as an advisor to other supervisors or staff members
• Liaising with purchasing department in order to ensure quality standards are met and proper inventory levels are maintained
• Analyzing personnel and resources in order to determine the most effective and efficient ways to meet production quotas
• Liaising with senior management to determine future production quotas
• Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) or the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
• Maintaining current knowledge in areas such as company policies, collective bargaining agreements and other applicable information
Depending on the discretion of the employer, you’ll likely need at least a bachelor’s degree in a field related to general business, business administration, supply chain or manufacturing management.
Some employers however, will prefer that you have an educational background in engineering; they will want to see a mechanical or industrial engineering degree, or one that’s in a field relevant to their operations.
For example, if your prospective employer manufactures chemical products, they might be looking for a manufacturing executive with a background in chemical engineering.
This career field might be a great option for you if:
• You aren’t afraid of long hours
• You’re interested in a demanding yet well-paying career
• You like the idea of office-based work that involves occasional travel
• You can lead, motivate and manage employees
• You have a commitment to quality and customer satisfaction
• You enjoy working with other managers to find solutions to problems
• You don’t have trouble reading, analyzing and interpreting common scientific and technical journals and documents
Manufacturing executives typically work in management or advisory capacities for small, medium and large businesses that produce the following types of products:
• Building materials and supplies
• Chemical, plastics and rubber products
• Clothing and textiles
• Computers and electronic products
• Farm products
• Food, beverage and tobacco products
• Motor vehicles and parts
• Machinery and equipment
• Petroleum products
• Personal and household goods
• Other areas
March 1, 2017, 1:36 p.m.
Charted Travels is hiring talented candidates for a Petrochemical Company in Saudi Arabia. Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send CVs for shortlisting candidates .
Recruitment Agency: Charted Trave..Read More
Feb. 28, 2017, 2:32 p.m.
Asiapower Overseas Consultants announces client interview on 1st and 4th March 2017 at Cochin for recruiting candidates to NBTC for their Oil and Gas/Refinery construction projects in Kuwait. Interested and eligible candidates are requir..Read More
Feb. 27, 2017, 4:17 p.m.
KGT Group of Companies in Dubai hiring qualified personnel for the position of Outdoor Sales Executives. Walk-in interview on 02 March 2017. Male Candidates only need to appear for the interview.
Name of Post : Outdoor S..Read More
Feb. 20, 2017, 12:52 p.m.
Ministry of Health, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia invites applications from India for conducting interviews for Consultants/Specialist/Resident Doctors for selection to various hospitals in ASSIR, AL BAHA, and BISHA Regions.
Job Catego..Read More
Feb. 17, 2017, 12:14 p.m.
Yousuf Machines and Structurals LLC, Dubai announces walk-in interview for the selection of suitable candidates for Machinist Turners, Spray Painters, Fabricators, Fitters, Drivers, and Arc Welders. GULF EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
Feb. 14, 2017, 4:11 p.m.
Qatar Airways invites applications for the post of Loading Assistant. Apply Before 16 March 2017.
Organisation: Qatar Aircraft Catering Company
Job Function: Catering, Food ..Read More