M.B.A. Hospital & Health Care Management or Master of Business Administration in Hospital & Health Care Management is a postgraduate Hospital and Health Care Management academic degree course. It combines the study of management techniques in a general M.B.A. program, with expertise training in healthcare or hospital management. The full degree course consists of four semesters in which the first two semesters are common to all the M.B.A. programs and the last two concentrate and focus on the specialized subjects and topics related to the Medical and Health care sectors. This two years course is designed to prepare students for senior positions in healthcare services.
How is M.B.A. Hospital & Health Care Management Course Beneficial?
• The healthcare industry is one of the biggest and happening industries in today’s world. The M.B.A. degree in Hospital and Healthcare Management develops entrepreneurial healthcare facility managers who are well capable to face and overcome the challenges in a globalised healthcare sector.
•These days, the Governments and the Administration have begun to recognize the importance of health and hygiene in the society; hence there is tremendous scope for growth in the healthcare industry. So Hospital Management Courses are becoming popular among students. The requirement of professional administrators in the hospitals is growing at a rapid pace as the hospitals are expected to deliver quality service 24 hours a day at a minimal cost. The level of urgency and efficiency that is expected from its staff has increased the need of well-formulated hospital management courses throughout the world.
• MBA degree in Hospital and Healthcare Management can very well land you a job of middle level administrators in hospitals or healthcare and related sectors.
• This MBA degree program will provide a professional qualification and knowledge about the managerial functions for those serving graduates who wish to take up healthcare
• Candidates should have service mentality, stamina, patience, power of concentration, emotional stability, logical and analytical mind, problem solving ability, communication skills, leadership quality, ability to take timely decisions, self-motivation etc.
• They should have the instinct to help and serve without getting sentimentally attached. Besides of these, one must have a pleasant smiling face whatever be the situation.
• Candidates those who want to enhance their academic degrees after this and further degree also can apply for this course.
• They should also possess skills like leadership, project management, confidence in dealing diplomatically with tricky situations and flexibility, reliability and good driving skills.
• A bachelor`s degree in any stream is the pre-requisite for pursuing an MBA degree in Hospital and Healthcare Management. However some universities and institutes demand at least 50% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s degree.
• Some reputed universities conduct a common entrance test (GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT, SNAP, etc) for admission into its management courses but there are no different entrance tests for MBA degree in Hospital and Healthcare Management.
• The common entrance test includes different papers like English, problem solving, data analysis and interpretations, numerical ability, logical reasoning and general awareness.
Syllabus of Hospital & Health Care Management as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
1 Fundamentals of Health Care Administration
2 Hospital Enterprises Management
3 Healthcare Policies and Regulations
4 Quantitative Methods / Techniques for Taking Decisions
5 Strategic Negotiation and Conflict Management
6 Managerial Accounting and Cost Management in Healthcare
7 Management of Disease Control, Basic Economics and Healthcare Economics
8 Strategic Management of Healthcare Organizations
9 Operations Management, Health Management and Information Management in Healthcare
10 Administration of Hospital and Health Care Planning
11 General and Personnel Management in Health Institutions
12 Concepts of Epidemiology (Public Health Administration), Anatomy, Physiology and Medical Terminology
13 Financial Management & Inventory Control in Hospitals
14 Behavioural Science (Leadership and Organizational Behaviour in Hospitals)
15 Organization & Management of Hospitals
16 Research Methodology
17 Healthcare Legislation and Medico Legal Issues
18 Human Resource Management and Material Management
19 Quality Assurance
21 Hospital Engineering Services
22 Disaster & Risk Management
23 IT in Healthcare services
24 Managed Healthcare
M.B.A. Hospital & Health Care Management Colleges
• Tata Institute of Social Sciences - TISS, Mumbai
• All India Institute of Medical Sciences - AIIMS Delhi, New Delhi
• Christian Medical College - CMC Vellore, Vellore
• Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences - SIHS, Pune
• Mental Health Organizations
• Academic Institutions
• Health Insurance Companies
• Health Agencies
• Public Health Departments
• Laboratories and Clinics
• Hospital Consulting Firms
• Nursing Homes
• Hospital Planning Adviser
• Hospital Consultant
• Hospital Quality Assurance Executive
• Healthcare Management Executive
• Associate/Assistant Professor
• Health Administrator
• Internal Corporate Analyst
• Health Care Provider
• Ambulatory Clinic Manager
• Chief Nursing Officer
June 20, 2017, 2:29 p.m.
Wellness coordinators are responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating education programs and materials in their workplace that are designed to promote the understanding of factors that may lead to illness and factors which may enable a ..Read More
June 9, 2017, 12:58 p.m.
Dental Assistants are trained personnel who provide chair side assisting, four-handed dentistry, radiology and the use of dental materials in Dental clinic. Dental Assistants greatly increase the efficiency of the dentist in the delivery of qualit..Read More