Civil engineers typically do the following:
· Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
· Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages
· Test soils to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
· Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
· Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
· Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
· Oversee, or participate in, surveying to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
· Present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
Civil engineers design, construct, supervise, operate, and maintain large construction projects and systems, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage ...Read more..
May 3, 2017, 10:54 a.m.
Metal fabricators generally work in manufacturing industries, including automotive, aerospace, and electronics. Metal fabricators make and fit parts together using a variety of tools and machines based on patterns that come from blueprints. Metal ..Read More
Dec. 22, 2016, 4:35 p.m.
Bachelor of Architecture in Building & Construction Management is an undergraduate Architecture Engineering course. The degree is awarded after successful completion of a five years program or course that covers the study of management as..Read More
Oct. 5, 2016, 12:16 p.m.
By 2025, it is estimated that 70 per cent of Indians will be of working age. This ‘demographic dividend’ could g..Read More
Sept. 30, 2016, 4:13 p.m.
Civil Engineering is one of the oldest types of Engineering, and it specializes in securing naturally built environments. This means you can work with anything from buildings to bridges and canals, and the first step is obtaining a Master in Civil..Read More
Sept. 23, 2016, 11:47 a.m.
PGP QSCM : Post Graduate Programme in Quantity Surveying and Contract Management
Course Duration: One-year (full time)
Educational Qualification: Degree holders
Course Details<..Read More
Sept. 23, 2016, 11:23 a.m.
PGP REUIM: Post Graduate Programme in Real Estate And Urban Infrastructure Management
Course Duration: 2 years (full time)
Educational Requirement: Any graduate from a recognized university/board.