B.Sc. Hospital Administration or Bachelor of Science in Hospital Administration is an undergraduate Hospital and Health Care Management course. Hospital Administration is a field relating to leadership, management and administration of hospitals, hospital networks and health care systems. Hospital Administration (BHA) is a new concept in management stream. Course provides students with sufficient knowledge and skills to carry out the administrative operations of clinical and support service departments. The Candidate of Bachelor of Hospital Administration (BHA) is involved in the overall coordination of activities of the hospital. The duration of the course is three years and it opens a lot of job opportunities after its completion.
How is B.Sc. Hospital Administration Course Beneficial?
The course helps to find opportunities with public health departments, nursing homes, etc apart from hospitals.
By gaining experience in the role of hospital manager, one can move in to the role of chief executive officer or head of the department of the organizations.
They can also go for tourism in foreign countries which covers provision for tourists. Employers include tourist boards, tour operators and travel agents, tourist information centres and any business associated with a tourist attraction.
They have also good option i.e. further Master Degree and then for research work.
Course is suitable for those candidates should have negotiation and teamwork skills, developed through working both independently and on group projects; leadership and delegation skills, gained through group work.
They should have analytical, critical and problem-solving skills, developed through researching, evaluating and presenting arguments and data.
Other skills are IT skills to collect, analyze and present information in spread sheets and databases; written communication skills, gained from report and essay writing.
They should also have the ability to handle people and pressure, ability to handle deadlines, excellent leadership skills.
B.Sc. Hospital Administration Eligibility
10+2 or any other equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks.
Some of the reputed universities and colleges conduct entrance examination for admission.
Syllabus of Hospital Administration as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges.
- Language I (English)
- Service for Food and Beverage Establishments
- Allied Paper I Computers
- Cookery Practical I
- Service Practical
- Computer applications - Practical’s
- Rooms Division Management
- Food Production - Indian Regional and International
- Alcoholic Beverages and Service
- Catering Science
- Allied Paper II - Accounting
- Rooms Division Practical
- Cookery Practical II
- Alcoholic Beverages Practical’s
- Business Practice and Law
- Bakery and Confectionary
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Food and Beverage Control
B.Sc. Hospital Administration Colleges
- Delhi Degree College, New Delhi
- Saga Institute of Management Studies - SIMS, Malappuram
- A.D.N. Institute of Paramedical Science and Hospitals, Nagpur
- Freezone Institute of Technologies - FIT Education, Agra?
B.Sc. Hospital Administration Employment Areas
- Nursing Homes
- Healthcare Portals
- International & National Healthcare Organizations
- Hospital Consulting Firms
- Public health departments
- Pharmaceuticals & Hospital Supply Firms
- Mental Health Facilities
- Health Insurance Companies
- Medical Software Companies
- Rehabilitation Centres
B.Sc. Hospital Administration Job Types
- Administrative Officer
- Hospital Administrator