If you want to become a Java developer, you first need to determine if this career path is well suited to your skills and interests. If the following description sounds like you, then you’re probably well suited for a career as a Java developer:
• Do you enjoy learning computer languages?
• Do you enjoy analyzing and solving programming and development problems?
• Do you have a high degree of patience and focus when working?
• Are you able to work long hours with minimal social interaction?
Those who become Java developers are typically individuals with a natural aptitude and interest in computers and information technology. They also tend to have the ability to concentrate for long periods of time, on tasks that require precision.
Becoming a Java developer is an excellent choice for those who want a career that allows them to leverage their skills and interest in software and application development into a well-paying career that offers scheduling flexibility.
Java developers use the Java programming language to develop software and web-based applications for a variety of platforms. Java enables fast processing in games, software applications and utilities for Internet, computer and mobile devices.
Java developers are different from Java programmers in that they are involved from the very early stages of a project to the end, from requirements gathering, through specification and coding to testing and support. Programmers however, are typically only concerned with coding, and may not have in-depth involvement during the entire development process.
In order to perform your Java developer job duties with competence, and to overcome the challenges of the job, you need to posses a certain set of skills and personality traits, which include:
• Enjoy solving coding problems
• Enjoy learning computer languages
• Able to work with minimal personal interaction
• Able to perform work that requires precision
• Excellent analytical skills
• Time management and organizational skills
• Proficiency in database software and compiler software
• Familiarity with computer equipment such as mainframe computers and serial port cards
Java developers may be hired on a full-time, part-time or contractual basis by different types of small, medium and large organizations, including:
• Software design companies
• Graphic design companies
• Computer programming companies
• Video game development companies
• Internet application companies
• E-commerce application development companies
• Colleges and universities
• Large private corporations
• Large non-profit groups
• Municipal, provincial/state and federal government agencies
• Self-employment, as freelancers
Oct. 17, 2018, 12:39 p.m.
BSS Diploma in Computer Hardware Maintenance and Network Engineering is a diploma level computer hardware course. Course offers an in-depth knowledge of the current as well as future emerging technologies in..Read More