Home Remedies For Healthy Hair
Long Term Hair Maintenance Tips
1. Don’t Wash Your Hair Too Often: Washing your hair every day or too often strips your hair of natural oil before it gets chance to travel down the length of your hair and provide shield to keep your hair.
(i) Washing your hair 2 or 3 times a week (or every alternate day, if it’s super oily) will help your hair stay healthy and shiny.
(ii) If you feel your hair roots looking greasy on the days in between washings, use dry shampoo or a little baking soda and sprinkle it onto the greasy area, allow it to sit for few minutes, and then comb it off. You can make your own dry shampoo at home by simply mixing 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1/2 tablespoon of baking soda.
(iii) Don’t Wash Your Hair With Hot Water: Wash your hair with lukewarm or cool water to keep the hair shafts flat, and imparting a shiny, glossy look to your hair. Avoid using hot water to wash your hair, as it can damage it in the long term.
2. Deep Condition Your Hair Once A Week: Deep conditioning treatments are meant for damaged hair repair and are devised to penetrate your hair to keep them hydrated all week long. Apply about a tablespoon or so of a good deep conditioner onto your hair; comb it through from the roots till the hair ends. Stack up your hair on your head top, fasten it with a clip and cover it with a shower cap, and then shampoo your hair as usual.
(i) Instead of buying a deep conditioning treatment from a store, you can use a natural product, such as olive oil, almond oil or coconut oil.
Home Remedies For Damaged Hair
1. Repairing Damaged Hair With Avocado And Egg: Remove pit from a ripe avocado, mash it and blend it with an egg. Apply this hair pack onto a little damp hair. Avocados are packed with vitamins, vital fatty acids, and minerals that will help recover luster to your hair. Let it on for at least 20 minutes, then shampoo and rinse as usual. Repeat this natural remedy once a week for damaged hair and once a month for healthy hair.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar Mask: This home remedy is an effective way to repair damaged hair and infuse life back into the limp and dull hair. Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 3 egg whites, then apply the mix onto your hair. Cover your hair with plastic wrap or a shower cap for about 30 minutes, then shampoo and rinse as usual.
3. Rinse With Tea: After your regular shampooing, give a final rinse to your hair using a quart of warm, unsweetened tea (freshly brewed or instant) to infuse dry hair with a natural shine. Tea can naturally liven up hair color, so take care to use a kind of tea that works well with your hair color. Brunettes should choose black tea to augment shine and enrich their hair color. Blondes should go for chamomile tea, as black tea can darken their tresses.
4. Shampoo And Egg: Blend one egg with a small amount of your favorite shampoo, and then apply onto your damaged hair for few minutes and finally rinse thoroughly. This home treatment helps to boost up protein in your severely damaged hair.
5. Treat Damaged Hair With Botanical Oil: These oils you can get from health food stores. Examples are olive, jojoba, coconut, sweet almond oils, are all ideal tonics for dry, heat or chemicals damaged hair. Coconut oil works well on thick and heavy hair. Moisten your hair a bit and apply small amount of botanical oil until your hair is fully covered. Wrap your hair with a shower cap and warm towel for about 30 minutes, and then shampoo and rinse your hair as usual.
Natural Beauty Tips:
(i) In case you really require to blow dry your hair, do it at the lowest setting. If your dryer has a cool blast setting, use that instead.
(ii) To protect your hair from the sun exposure and air pollution, wear hats and use scarves.
(iii) Don’t rub your hair after you get it wet, instead wrap up your wet hair in a cotton towel, and allow the cotton to absorb the moisture for some time. This will save your hair from further split ends.