The course lays its strong foundation on preserving the natural reserves of wildlife and forests of a nation. No doubt the mass has been continuously exploiting these natural reserves for their selfish interests. But the course enlightens the strategies for maximum utilization of these reserves but with a conscious eye on their conservation too. And so the course exposes its benefits for the students pursuing it as well as for the environment.
The course calls for the eligibility criteria as the candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from any recognized university or board with at least 45% marks in aggregate and the subject combination being the physics, chemistry and biology or agriculture.
The course is covered within duration of four years. However few of the universities render the complete course within three years. And it’s during these 3-4 years that the students are well acknowledged with the course.
There are a numerous job profiles which eagerly wait for the candidates with a degree of B. Sc in wildlife. The individuals can be employed as foresters, entomologists or dendrologists and a lot more in this series. They can also prefer the versatile fields of silviculture, as forest range officers or as zoo curators. An individual can also become a ethologist with this degree. There are also numerous government sectors’ job opportunities. The individuals can also go for job prospects in the education sector.
LIST OF institutes offering BSc in Wildlife
1. A.K.S. University Sherganj, Panna Road Satna,
2. College of Fisheries, Panangad, Ernakulam, Kerala
3. College of Forestry, Vellanikkara, Thrissur, Kerala.
4. Manipur University, Imphal (Manipur)
5. Wildlife Institute of India, Chandrabani, Dehradun, Uttarakhand 248007
6. National Centre for Biological Sciences, Post Box 6501, G.K.V.K. Campus, Hebbal, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
7. Forest Research Institute (Deemed University), I.P.E.P.O., Kaulagarh Road, Dehradun– 248006,
8. University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
9. College of Agriculture and Regional Research Station, Krishinagar, Dharwad, Karnataka
10. College of Agriculture, Hebbal, Bangalore, Karnataka.
11. IIFM- Indian Institute of Forest Management, Nehru Nagar, Bhopal, M.P.- 462003.
12. University of Agricultural Sciences, Krishinagar, Dharwad
April 24, 2019, 2:39 p.m.
Soil scientists analyse soil samples to provide information about its quality and structure for construction, agricultural, government, industrial and scientific staff.