An emerging field of science, Diploma in Biotechnology involves the knowledge from life sciences along with inputs from chemical engineering, instrumentation, information technology etc. for application in agriculture, food industry, medicine, pharmaceuticals and bulk chemical industries and environment conservation.
The syllabus has been approved by BTE and BIOCON – a major Biotech Industry.
Classical biotechnology involves the process and products of fermentation but today advance biotechnological processes apply the understanding of cellular and biomolecular processes to solve problems or make products.
Students are equipped with fundamentals in the biological sciences grounded in the understanding of the natural sciences.
- Scientific aptitude and a keen interest in the biological sciences
- Problem solving skills, information technology skill, analyzing and interpreting skills
- Knowledge of computers in work
- Ability to work independently
- Methodical and patient by nature
- Able to work neatly and accurately and have a flair for laboratory work.
Nature of Job
- Exploring living organisms world for the benefit of mankind
- Nurturing the skills for upcoming technology
- Apply the principles and methods to other fields
- Biotechnology laboratory
- Molecular biology laboratory
- Human anatomy laboratory
- Physiology laboratory
- Environmental toxicology laboratory
- Applied Science
- Applied Mathematics, English
Life Science Subjects
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology & Genetic Engg.
- Upstream & Downstream Process Tech
- Separation Tech
Chemical Engg. Subjects
- Unit Operation
- Momentum Transfer
- Bioprocess & Calculations
- Health Diagnostics
Eligibility & Admission
A candidate must have passed SSLC / 10th or equivalent with Mathematics and Science.
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Agriculture & Crop
- Improvement industries
- Bioinformatics Sector
- Bulk Chemical Industries
- Biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical technology, food, and food supply industries
- Biotechnology companies
Prospective Job Roles
- Clinical laboratory technician
- Crime scene technician
- Biological supplies manufacturer
- Environmental technician
- Food safety technician
- Infectious disease researcher
- Biomedical laboratory technician
- Pharmaceutical research technician
Related Links: M.Sc. in Life Sciences