Civil engineers typically do the following:
· Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
· Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages
· Test soils to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
· Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
· Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
· Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
· Oversee, or participate in, surveying to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
· Present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
Civil engineers design, construct, supervise, operate, and maintain large construction projects and systems, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage ...Read more..
May 4, 2019, 11:50 a.m.
Ceramics designers create designs for a range of pottery objects that are then made by shaping and firing clay. These objects can include:
April 25, 2019, 2:53 p.m.
Landscape architects are responsible for creating natural and built environments that are aesthetically pleasing as well as practical, in both urban and rural areas.
March 28, 2019, 11:39 a.m.
Housing advisers provide impartial and confidential information, advice and support to individuals about a wide range of housing problems such as homelessness and repossession.