Civil engineers typically do the following:
· Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
· Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages
· Test soils to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
· Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
· Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
· Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
· Oversee, or participate in, surveying to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
· Present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
Civil engineers design, construct, supervise, operate, and maintain large construction projects and systems, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage ...Read more..
July 1, 2017, 10:59 a.m.
June 13, 2017, 11:34 a.m.
Furniture makers make or restore furniture like chairs, tables and display cabinets.Furniture makers design and craft individual pieces of furniture and storage cabinets such as chairs, tables, dressers and wardrobes. They may also restore antique..Read More