By Nsim Team
If you want to become a food production manager, you first need to determine if this career path is a good fit for your skills, interests and personality traits. If the following description sounds like you, then you’re probably well suited for a career as a food production manager:
• You are able to effectively evaluate the efficiency of production
• You enjoy motivating and leading employees
• You enjoy managing the work of people and delegating tasks
• You are able to balance the need for a high profit margin with high quality
• You have a results-oriented approach to work activities
• You have an interest in raising production and product quality standards
Food production managers are responsible for overseeing the day-to-day production and operations of a food production plant. They must ensure the product provides superior customer satisfaction, while keeping production costs low. They must also ensure that they are providing a safe and healthy work environment for all employees.
Food production managers are accountable for adhering to customer quality and quantity requirements; they must ensure that the proper amount of product is being produced for the customer, and within quality standards.
They are also accountable for ensuring that food production adheres to good manufacturing practices, quality programs, safety programs, and human resources standards and practices.
It is common for food production managers to serve as a liaison with governmental agencies, health inspectors, the fire department and senior management.
The educational requirements for becoming a food production manager vary by employer, and there is no standard educational requirement for entering this profession. However, many employers prefer you to have a related degree or post-secondary diploma in Business, Food Science, Food Technology or Production and Operations Management.
In order to become effective in a career as a food production manager, and perform your job duties with competence, you need to posses a certain set of skills, including:
• The ability to motivate and lead employees
• Must be able to identify problems immediately and solve them
• Able to determine if a defective product is a onetime problem or the result of the production process
• Able to carefully manage own time, and the time of the employees
• Able to effectively evaluate the efficiency of production
• Able to plan and manage budgets
Food production managers are typically employed on a full-time or contractual basis by management consultancies, as well as small, medium and large companies that develop, market and distribute food and beverage products such as:
• Bottled water
• Sports drinks
• Soft drinks
• Juice products
• Alcoholic beverages (such as beer, wine and spirits)
• Perishable food products (such as dairy products and produce-based products)
• Non-perishable food products (such as snack foods and canned foods)
• Organic food products
• And many other types of food and beverage products
Related Links: Advertising Manager
March 1, 2018, 1:14 p.m.
When you record video with HD camera, you will get very big size video file. It is not possible to send those large video files through social media or whatsapp. So it is must to reduce Video file size. Read More
Feb. 23, 2018, 3:04 p.m.
You may have mastered every trick in the book to drive millions of viewers to your YouTube channel. If so, it’s great that you have people watching your video.
Feb. 22, 2018, 12:53 p.m.
Sound editing, design, and mixing comprise a series of activities that are geared toward polishing the audio of your program to enhance the final presentation. Never underestimate the power of a good mix. Au..Read More
Feb. 21, 2018, 12:40 p.m.
Videos are among the most versatile tactics content marketers can leverage. For starters, they can be cooked up, loaded up, cut up, and served up in a wide variety of ways. They can:
Feb. 20, 2018, 1:11 p.m.
The most important part of the video production workflow is what happens before the camera starts rolling. Pre-production, or the planning and logistics phase of a video project, is where most of the magic h..Read More
Feb. 17, 2018, 11:44 a.m.
A great brand video starts with a great video script. Voiceover, music, visuals—these devices enhance your story, but that story needs to be on paper first.