By Nsim Team
Do you enjoy analyzing financial data? Do you have a thorough understanding of how benefits programs can affect an organization? If so, a career as a benefits officer is worth considering. Here are some quick highlights of working in this field:
• Excellent level of pay
• The opportunity to take responsibility for projects
• Able to apply financial analysis skills
• Can work for almost any type of company
Benefits officers are responsible for planning, directing and implementing the benefits related activities and staff of an organization.
They must determine what an organization will offer in terms of benefits packages, as well as the service delivery methods for those packages.
Benefits Officer Job Duties
• Prepare detailed job descriptions and classification systems
• Investigate and report on industrial accidents for insurance providers
• Represent the organization at personnel related hearings and investigations
• Plan employee compensation and benefits information sessions for management and employees
• Project an organization’s personnel needs by preparing personnel forecasts
• Prepare budgets for personnel operations
• Plan, administer, evaluate and direct the employee benefits programs
• Integrate benefits programs following mergers and acquisitions
• Direct the work activities of compensation and benefits administrators, assistants and coordinators
Many employers prefer to hire benefits officers who have at least a bachelor’s degree, particularly one with a concentration in accounting, human resources management, finance, or business administration. Some employers however, may require that you have a master’s degree in one of these areas.
In order to effectively perform the duties of a benefits officer, you need to possess certain skills, including:
• Ability to analyze data on salaries and the cost of benefits
• Advanced budget management capabilities
• A thorough understanding of how benefits programs can affect an organization financially
• Able to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of different benefits plans
• An understanding of the different factors that
• Able to ensure that benefits packages are properly administered and delivered
• The ability to supervise, motivate and encourage staff
• Able to clearly convey recommendations in written reports
Benefits officers are employed by public and private organizations in ever sector of industry, although they are typically on found in organizations with a medium or large sized employee base. In smaller organizations, other managers might perform the duties of a benefits officer.
Related Links: Advertising Account Executive
March 1, 2018, 1:14 p.m.
When you record video with HD camera, you will get very big size video file. It is not possible to send those large video files through social media or whatsapp. So it is must to reduce Video file size. Read More
Feb. 23, 2018, 3:04 p.m.
You may have mastered every trick in the book to drive millions of viewers to your YouTube channel. If so, it’s great that you have people watching your video.
Feb. 22, 2018, 12:53 p.m.
Sound editing, design, and mixing comprise a series of activities that are geared toward polishing the audio of your program to enhance the final presentation. Never underestimate the power of a good mix. Au..Read More