Stories you may like
Furniture makers make or restore furniture like chairs, tables and display cabinets.Furniture makers design and craft individual pieces of furniture and storage cabinets such as chairs, tables, dressers and wardrobes. They may also restore antique items of furniture.
Furniture is an essential part of our daily lives. It is what we sit on, eat and work from, where we store our clothes and possessions and where we sleep.
The salary for a furniture maker depends vastly on the amount of work he is able to produce, his level of skill and his reputation.
• furniture design
• furniture design and making
• product and furniture design.
Courses with a mix of practical skills and creative design may be particularly useful.
Other relevant degree subjects include:
• art and design, 3D design or spatial design
• ceramics and glass
• furniture technology
• product design.
Many employers consider potential to be just as important as experience, so it is essential that you demonstrate a working interest in the design field.
You will need to show:
• creative and practical ability
• drawing skills and strong visual awareness
• manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination
• an understanding of computer-aided design (CAD) and other technological advances
• knowledge of industrial processes and techniques, safety issues and specialist fields or materials
• communication skills
• commercial focus
• self-motivation, self-discipline and persistence
• flexibility and adaptability
• the ability to work to deadlines
• collaborative skills, particularly if working in a multidisciplinary practice
• a desire to keep up to date with market trends and new ideas
• business and marketing skills, for those thinking of self-employment.
Employment of furniture makers is projected to show little or no change from 2014 to 2024. Those who have advanced skills, including the ability to use computer-controlled machinery, should have the best job opportunities in manufacturing industries.
ARE YOU FIT FOR THE JOB?
To succeed as a furniture designer you will need design, creative and commercial skills, as well as the confidence to network
As a furniture designer, you'll produce designs for items of furniture and related products. These designs may then be mass produced or made in small batches or as one-off individual pieces.
You may just be involved in the design aspect of the work or you may be a highly-skilled crafts person and produce items from your own designs.
You'll either work alone or alongside colleagues creating concepts and designs that balance innovative design, functional requirements and aesthetic appeal.
The process of furniture design demands creativity, business awareness and skills in marketing, finance, sales and manufacturing.
If you are seeking an employment as a Furniture Maker, we provide a platform to assess whether you are fit for the job role. We assess your skills and provide Skill Assessment Record that helps you get your dream job.
Employers who are in search for applicants with job specified necessary skills can find quality candidates from us.
Job Seekers and Employers can furnish your details here, if you finds our platform a fertile soil to sow your aim...
Register Here: http://nationalskillindiamission.in/member/registration/14/