Quantity surveyors are responsible for managing all aspects of the contractual and financial side of construction projects.
Civil engineers typically do the following:
· Analyze survey reports, maps, and other data to plan projects
· Consider construction costs, government regulations, potential environmental hazards, and other factors in planning stages
· Test soils to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations
· Test building materials, such as concrete, asphalt, or steel, for use in particular projects
· Provide cost estimates for materials, equipment, or labor to determine a project’s economic feasibility
· Use design software to plan and design transportation systems, hydraulic systems, and structures in line with industry and government standards
· Oversee, or participate in, surveying to establish reference points, grades, and elevations to guide construction
· Present their findings to the public on topics such as bid proposals, environmental impact statements, or property descriptions
Civil engineers design, construct, supervise, operate, and maintain large construction projects and systems, including roads, buildings, airports, tunnels, dams, bridges, and systems for water supply and sewage …Read more..
Cartographers study, design, produce and distribute digital and conventional maps, charts, spreadsheets and diagrams for public sector and commercial custome..
Health and safety inspectors are responsible for monitoring and improving the health and safety of employees and the general public within public and private..
Site managers, also known as construction managers, are responsible for supervising construction sites and running construction projects.
Site engineers provide technical advice about, plan, organise and supervise construction projects.
Building control officers (also known as building control surveyors) are responsible for overseeing the work of building surveyors and ensuring that building..
Architects design new buildings and suggest alterations to existing buildings.
Architects create des..
Development surveyors work to increase the value of land by overseeing the development of property. Planners work to gain planning permission for property de..