Stories you may like
Bachelor of Arts Degree is an Undergraduate Academic Degree awarded for a course or program usually in a branch of the Liberal Arts, the Sciences, or both. The Bachelor of Arts degree is one of the oldest and best-known Degrees in the world. It is popularly known as B.A. which is an abbreviated form of the Art Degree. A Degree holder in Arts is simply known as Bachelor of Art / Arts. Bachelor of Arts degree programs generally last 3 to 4 years depending upon the country. In India, the duration of Bachelor of Art Degree spans over a period of 3 years. A person seeking the Arts Degree needs to study 5 subjects. There are number of combinations of subjects one can opt for depending upon the availability of choices in various Institutes. Arts students have the option to choose to major and minor in English, French, any other linguistics course, Psychology, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Religious Studies and many more subject areas. The course covers all the related topics for the field and gives rigorous training to the students. The students go through a well defined study program for their all round development. It is generally considered the most easiest stream according to the larger populace and generally looked down upon as compared to Science and Engineering Streams. The reason behind this is that a person who graduates in Arts, holds a degree in a general non-scientific subject area. But Art Degree's worth can be gauged from the fact that it offers more avenues of employment opportunities than any other stream. This is primarily because students seeking Engineering and Science are limited to their respective fields whereas students pursuing Arts are not limited to their specific fields, their scope of specialisation is vast. With respect to the previous academic background and the personal choice and ability of the student towards a specific program, there exists an appropriate program for almost each and every candidate opting for this degree. Though it is a full time degree course but it can also be pursued via Distance Learning.
Students passing successfully out of their H.S.C. examinations (10 + 2) from a recognised Education Board with Science, Arts or Commerce stream can opt for Bachelor of Arts.
There is a vast range of subjects in which Bachelor of Arts Degree can be pursued. All Arts subjects share the common element of people. Why do humans do the things that they do? A Bachelor of Arts investigates these question across history, different social and geographic contexts, through literature, theatre, or religions.
• Library Science
• Political Science.
• Public Administration.
Bachelor of Arts Degree Programs are provided by various Institutes, Colleges and Universities. The Syllabus of these programs varies from Institution to Institution.
Advantages or Benefits of Bachelor of Arts Degree
• The Bachelor of Arts is a flexible degree that allows students to match their academic interests with their career goals to create the ideal course.
• Arts provides a set of general, portable and lasting skills vital to any career, such as the ability to research an issue, present an argument, analyse information, communicate clearly and relate well to people.
• There are no compulsory units. Students choose from a wide selection of studies.
• Arts graduates are not as restricted in what they can undertake relative to those with highly specialised degrees. The employability of Arts graduates is a reflection of the skills they acquire during their study and this fact is becoming widely acknowledged.
• It develops communication, research and analytical skills. For example the ability to analyse tasks, set priorities, and communicate goals to others.
• It offers a wide range of postgraduate options and career opportunities.
Individuals can pursue a career in different fields after successful completion of their Bachelor of Arts degree. They can become an Economist, Historian, Archaeologist, Educationalist, Philosopher, Political scientist, Personnel manager, Social activist, Public Relation Executive, Psychologist, Sociologist, Philosopher, Journalist etc.
• Business Houses.
• Educational Institutes.
• Fire Department.
• Economic Development.
• Export Companies.
• Foreign Affairs.
• Field Research Firms.
• Financial Organizations.
• Industrial Houses.
• Law Firms.
• Lobbying Firms.
• Marketing Research Firms.
• Municipal Planning.
• Multinational Companies.
• News Media.
• Public Works.
• Publishing Firms.
• Political Organizations.