Stories you may like
Bachelor of Arts in Social Science is a three year graduate programme. Social science is the field of study concerned with society and human behaviours. Social science course is a group of subjects focused around what influences people and society to act in a particular way and how these actions can be monitored and modified. Students may study theories, methodologies and applications focused on how the principles of behavior evolved based on societies and cultures, and they may learn or analyze the commonalities and differences between these societal impacts. Some programs offer concentrations in areas of social sciences, such as sociology, anthropology, human services or psychology. Students may gain skills in critical and creative thinking, problem solving, decision-making, writing, analysis and research while acquiring comparative, multiple and worldview perspectives.
How is Bachelor of Arts in Social Science Beneficial?
The course is beneficial as it sets the students to pursue a variety of careers in which understanding of social science is important, including business administration, elder care, government, health services, law enforcement, human resources, and community service. The degree course provides good base for Master’s degree to the students. They can also join NGOs working for the welfare and social rights of human being. They can also become teachers in school in the very subject on private basis.
- 10+2 or any other equivalent qualification with minimum 60% marks.
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination to get admission to the degree course.
Bachelor of Arts in Social Science Colleges/Universities
- Shri RK Parikh Arts and Science College
- Kasturbagram Rural Institute
- Padmashree Manibhai Desai College
- Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University
- Om Shri Vishwakarmaji Mahavidyalaya
Bachelor of Arts in Social Science Course Suitability
Course is suitable for those who are interested in specific areas of tertiary qualifications such as Anthropology, Cultural Studies, Demography, Education, Human Geography, Linguistics, Media, Modern History, Politics, Sociology, Social Development, Psychology, Social Philosophy and Women's Studies are the most suitable for it. Those who have a knowledge and understanding of research methods, analysis and statistical techniques; developing opinions and new ideas on societal issues also are good match for the course.
Employment Area / Job Type
- Social workers
- Subject Matter Experts-Social Science
- Social Science Business Researcher
- Program Coordinators-MSW/ Mgmt Social Science
- Telephone Operator-Economic & Social Studies Centre
- Research Officer-Social Welfare Board
- Content Author
- Instructional Designer
- Content Editor & Science Editor
Advance Courses in Social Science
- B.Ed. (Social Science)
- Master in Social Sciences (Hons.)
- M.Ed. (Social Science)
- M.Phil. (Social Sciences with Law)