Stories you may like
A textile designer designs and usually produces textiles and fabrics. Textile design crosses an unusual line between technical industry and the creative professions. Designers conceive and create the fabrics used in fashion and interiors, which are then incorporated into products – everything from dresses to cushion-covers.
Textile designers are creative but also technically skilled, and they are often knowledgeable about the whole process of product design, production, sale and use. Textile designers can work individually or as a part of a design team.
As a creative job, the hours can be unorthodox, and many textile designers run their own freelance business.
Textile designers are also expected to understand design software programs due to the increase of technology use in the textile industry. Illustration software such as Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is frequently used in addition to traditional pen-and-paper sketches.
A textile designer require the following skills:
• Technical skills – these are too various to list, but can involve use of artist’s tools or industrial machinery, as well as the ability to draw, print and paint
• Creative skills – an ability to find and identify inspiration, and a desire to pursue a creative career
• Ability to work alone or with groups of designers when creating a product of which the textile is just one aspect
Although qualifications and prior positions held are rarely requisite elements of textile design positions, all textiles designers must have the technical and creative abilities necessary to have worked up a significant portfolio if they want to get hired.
Progression really depends on individual desire: while some textile designers want nothing more than to design and make their own textiles in their own business, others are hoping to secure a permanent salaried position on creative or technical teams at a big company. Yet others will incorporate textile design into other jobs that can range widely, from art teaching to product promotion.
ARE YOU FIT FOR THE JOB?
To do this role, you will need to:
- be creative
- be able to draw
- have an eye for colour, texture and pattern
- pay good attention to detail
- have an understanding of different processes and techniques
- know about fashion and textiles
- have an understanding of trends
- use CAD packages
- work with customers
- know about textile techniques
- have good communication and problem-solving skills
If you are seeking an employment as a Textile designer, we provide a platform to assess whether you are fit for the job role. We assess your skills and provide Skill Assessment Record that helps you get your dream job.
Employers who are in search for applicants with job specified necessary skills can find quality candidates from us.
Job Seekers and Employers can furnish your details here, if you finds our platform a fertile soil to sow your aim...
Register Here: http://nationalskillindiamission.in/member/registration/14/