Stories you may like
Textile engineering is a division of engineering where the principles of scientific techniques are utilized for manufacturing and development in all types of yarns and textile fabric from textile fibers. It also deals with the study of chemical and physical principles which are utilized for the analysis of the behavior of polymers involved in the formation of textile fiber. The major role of this engineering is to design and control of all aspects of textile and apparel processes, machineries, products and fibers. Textile sector is playing a major role in the growth of Indian economy. In India, there are two important textile sectors such as handloom sector and the mechanized sector. These both have full growth potential as there are thousands of textiles mills all over the country.
List of related courses
- Diploma in Textile Technology / Textile Engineering
- Diploma in Fabrication Technology & Erection Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Textile Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Carpet & Textile Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Man Made Fiber Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Textile Technology
- Bachelor of Technology Textile Chemistry
- Master of Technology in Textile Chemistry
- Master of Engineering in Textile Engineering
- Master of Technology in Textile Technology
For admission in a bachelor’s degree, the candidate must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10+2) examination with science subject such as biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E). The duration for this course is 4 years.
The eligibility criteria for pursuing a master’s degree are holding a bachelor's degree in (B.E/B.Tech) or any other equivalent branches of engineering. The duration for this course is 2 years.
Some of its specialized fields are
- Technical Textiles
- Knitting and Knit CAD
- Weaving and Weave CAD
- Coloration Technology
- Yarn and Non-woven Technology
- Textile Materials and Performance Evaluation
Graduates professional from this field are employed in departments of textile plants and companies varying from small to large scale such as planning, production, quality control, sales or marketing or agencies of domestic or abroad companies for textile products and textile machinery, intended in different regions of the country.
Some job profiles
- Process Engineer
- Operations Trainee
- Technical Salesperson
- Development Engineers
- Medical Textiles Engineer
- Quality Control Supervisor
- Technical Services / Sales Manager
Fresh graduates can earn their initial income around Rs 12,000 to Rs 30,000 every month. The income rises according to their experience and skills. A textile engineer with 2-3 years of industrial experience can earn more than Rs 50, 000 every month excluding other perks and benefits. Fresh graduates with M.Tech degree can earn around Rs.20, 000 to Rs.40, 000 every month at the starting level.