Stories you may like
Master of Business Administration in Design Management is a post graduate Fashion Designing course. Design Management is the effective deployment by line managers of the design resources available to an organization in the pursuance of its corporate objectives. It is therefore directly concerned with the organizational place of design, with the identification with specific design disciplines which are relevant to the resolution of key management issues, and with the training of managers to use design effectively. It deals with the design side or innovative side of business. Today, it is great design that makes or breaks an organization. After passing the course, they have many career options along with further research studies.
How is M.B.A. Design Management Course Beneficial?
- Course is suitable to understand between good design versus bad design, and able to assist design engineers and other design workers.
- They should be able to add value to company and customer money through value edition in product designs.
- It encompasses the design problems and requirements for all the stages of a business process from its ideation to the strategies used for its execution. It focuses on nurturing business managers who understand the value of good design and able to add value to the company and customer's money.
- Candidates can find employment in these sectors as Information Technology, Textile industry, Automobile industry, Real estate, Construction Companies etc.
- A candidate who has passed Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree from any recognized University with minimum 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC / ST candidate) or any other equivalent qualification.
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination to get admission to the degree course.
The following are study related subjects:
- Financial Accounting Management
- Business Communication
- Managerial Economics
- Managerial Practices & Organizational Behaviour
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Management Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Operations Research
- Project Management
- Research Methodology
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Principles of Design Management
- Franchise Management and Operations
- Lifestyle Space Design Management
- Real Estate and Retail Space Management
- Strategic Management and Business Policy
- International Business Management
- Fashion Retailing and Visual Merchandising
- Scope of Multiplexes and Managing Multiplexes
- Mall Management
- International Brands in India
M.B.A. Design Management Course Suitability
- They should have strong design skills in sketching, 3D, renderings or mechanical knowledge and be able to clearly communicate their ideas quickly to the design team.
- Applicants should also possess good communication skills as they have to reveal the concepts to the clients or partners and have to gain credibility and build confidence.
- Candidates should also have good understanding of the design process coupled with good project management skills.
- They also have a far-sighted strategic vision as they have to present good vision which is important in developing a companys range of products.
Employment Areas/Job Types
- Team Leader - Transmission Design
- Assistant Manager
- Product Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Sales Manager
- Brand Manager
- Corporate Manager
- Design Manager - Process
- Mould Design Manager