Stories you may like
Master of Business Administration in Fashion Design Management is a post graduate Fashion Designing course. Program is designed to build highly competent professionals, equipped with the industry- centric expertise as well as managerial skills. It is very comprehensive, global and cutting-edge program leading to rewarding career suited to the specific requirements of Fashion world. As Indian fashion industry has come at par with international standards. Through this management program, the students will gain a deep understanding of fashion marketing, innovative fashion management practices, merchandising and retailing. The duration of the course is two years and it is career orienting in nature.
How is M.B.A. Fashion Design Management Course Beneficial?
- This degree course enables the students to go for various Fashion Designing Industry, Film Industry and teaching related jobs
- One can go for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as M.Phil., etc.
- They can become teacher in schools and lecturer in colleges after having passed UGC-NET exam.
- They have also the option of starting their own business and can also start it in partnership with others.
- The program will also provide opportunity to gain experience by developing projects on specific topics through field visits and industry internships.
- A candidate who has passed Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree from any recognized University with minimum 45% marks in aggregate (40% in case of SC / ST candidate)or any other equivalent qualification.
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct entrance examination to get admission to the degree course.
The following are study related subjects:
- Economics and Management Decisions
- Quantitative Techniques
- Business Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Organizational Behaviour
- Marketing Management
- IT for Managers
- Indian Fashion Scenario
- Research Methodology and App Statistics
- Basic Concepts of Fashion Products and Manufacturing
- Human Resource Management
- Global Fashion Scenario
- E-business and E-commerce
- International Logistics Management
- Principles of Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
- International Trade Operations and Documentation
- Competition and strategies in Fashion
- New Product Development
- Summer Internship
- Dissertation I
- Cross Cultural Management
- Visual Merchandising
- Entrepreneurship and Fashion Venture Management
- International Fashion Marketing
- Dissertation II
M.B.A. Fashion Design Management Colleges
- Institute of Apparel Management
- Vogue Institute of Fashion Technology
- International Institute of Fashion and Arts
M.B.A. Fashion Design Management Course Suitability
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions are good suit for it.
- Candidate should be able to understand concepts related to costume, jewellery, leather goods and many other similar products where fashion matters.
- They should also have know-how of laboratories, workshops, design and research centres, libraries, computers and information about the latest development in the industry.
- They should acquire essential skills in management and gain a comprehensive understanding of the fashion and luxury industries.
Employment areas/Job Types
- Apparel Production Manager
- Cutting Assistant
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Coordinator
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Show Organizers
- Fabric Buyer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Outside Sales Representative
- Personal Stylist
- Production Pattern Maker
- Show Room Sales Representative
- Technical Designer