Stories you may like
Master of Science in Fashion Designing is a postgraduate Fashion and Interior Designing course. Fashion design is the art of the application of design and aesthetics or natural beauty to clothing and accessories. Fashion design is influenced by cultural and social latitudes, and has varied over time and place. The duration of M.Sc. in Fashion Designing is mostly of two academic years but it may vary from institute to institute and may be on part time basis by certain institutes. The syllabus for the course is divided into semesters and the course is career orienting in nature that opens many jobs for the candidates after its successful completion.
How is M.Sc. Fashion Designing Course Beneficial?
- This degree course enables the students to go for various Fashion Designing Industry, Film Industry and teaching related jobs.
- One can go for higher degree programs in respective subjects such as M.Phil., etc.
- They can become teacher in schools and lecturer in colleges after having passed UGC-NET exam.
- They have also the option of starting their own business and can also start it in partnership with others
- The candidates should complete their B.Sc. degree under any registered University with Fashion Designing subjects with 50% or above marks.
- The marks of admission for this course vary from University to University. In various colleges and Universities it conducts entrance exams plus interview for the admission of the students.
Some of M.Sc. Fashion Designing Entrance Tests
- Aditya Institute of Technology Fashion Designing Entrance Exam
- Design Institute of India Entrance Exam
- Film and Television Institute of India Entrance Examination
- IMS Academy of Fashion and Jewelry Design Entrance Exam
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi Entrance Exam
- NIFT-TEA Knitwear Fashion Institute Entrance Exam
M.Sc. Fashion Designing Syllabus
- Apparel Manufacturing Technology(AMT)
- Fashion Communication(FAC)
- Advanced Pattern Making- I(APM- I)
- Construction of Women's Wear(CWW)
- Design Illustration- I(DI- I)
- Computer Designing- I(CD- I)
- Retail Marketing & Merchandising(RMM)
- Knitwear Design Technology(KDT)
- Advanced Pattern Making- II(APM- II)
- Construction of Men's Wear(CMW)
- Design Illustration- II(DI- II)
- Computer Designing- II(CD- II)
M.Sc. Fashion Designing Colleges
- Suryadatta Institute of Fashion Technology
- Kanya Mahavidyalaya
- C.S.I. Bishop Appasamy College of Arts and Science
M.Sc. Fashion Designing Course Suitability
- Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions are good suit for it.
- They should be able to understand concepts related to costume, jewellery, leather goods and many other similar products where fashion matters.
- Candidates should also have know-how of laboratories, workshops, design and research centers, libraries, computers and information about the latest development in the industry..
- Fashion Accessory Design
- Fashion Media
- Design Production Management
- Designer Wear Production
- Export Houses
- Fashion Marketing and Merchandising
- Fashion Show Management
- Freelancing for Fashion Houses
- Garment Manufacturing Unit
- Garment Store Chains
- Jewellery Houses
- Leather Companies
- Media Houses
- Planning and Concept Management
- Promotion of Brands
- Textile Mills
- Apparel Production Manager
- Cutting Assistant
- Costume Designer
- Fashion Coordinator
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Show Organizers
- Fabric Buyer
- Fabric Quality Control Manager
- Graphic Designer
- Outside Sales Representative
- Personal Stylist
- Production Pattern Maker
- Show Room Sales Representative
- Technical Designer