Stories you may like
Make-up artists physically prepare individuals for appearances in front of cameras or an audience. These individuals include models, high-profile individuals who may be making speeches, film stars, and members of the public who wish to learn more about make-up.
The flawless faces that we see on television on a daily basis are the finished products of work undertaken by talented make-up artists. These talented artists are equipped with skills that can transform the physical appearance of an individual and provide them with the confidence to appear in front of a camera or a live audience.
Traditionally, academic qualifications are not as important as creative and practical skills. It's possible to become a make-up artist without a degree
Several colleges and universities have a variety of two-year foundation degrees as well as a three-year BAs in areas including:
• fashion, theatrical and media hair and make-up;
• hair, make-up and prosthetics for performance;
• media make-up and character design;
• media make-up and special effects.
Make-up artists will need to possess the following skills in order to be successful:
• Knowledgeable about make-up techniques and products
• Confidence in own abilities
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team
• The ability to use own initiative
• The ability to stick to tight budgets and be resourceful
• The ability to remain calm under pressure
Employment of theatrical and performance make-up artists was expected to grow 19% from 2014 to 2024, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Individuals looking to enter this profession are expected to face keen competition, and openings are likely to go to the most experienced and skilled workers.
ARE YOU FIT FOR THE JOB?
If the following description sounds like you, then you’re probably well suited for a career as a make up artist:
• You have an understanding of period and current fashion;
• You have excellent practical make-up and technical skills;
• You have good interpersonal and self-promotion skills.
Most people entering this field have taken a course in both make-up and hairdressing, as the job requires that you're multi-skilled. An understanding of film and video production techniques, camera and lighting processes, styles of literature, performance and dramatisation may also be important.
If you are seeking an employment as a Make up artist, we provide a platform to assess whether you are fit for the job role. We assess your skills and provide Skill Assessment Record that helps you get your dream job.
Employers who are in search for applicants with job specified necessary skills can find quality candidates from us.
Job Seekers and Employers can furnish your details here, if you finds our platform a fertile soil to sow your aim...
Register Here: http://nationalskillindiamission.in/member/registration/14/